Frequently asked questions.
Crosslist allows sellers to list quickly on the world’s largest online marketplaces. Create your listings with our beautiful application and then list to all of your favorite marketplaces at once. Alternatively, you can also import existing listings to crosspost these to other marketplaces.
To learn more, have a look at our “How It Works” section which gives a quick overview of what Crosslist does.
Yes. Crosslist is accessibility software that works in the same way as the autocompletion feature in your browser. In addition, the software is specifically designed in such a way that it cannot be used to spam or disrupt any marketplace. As a result, we operate within the Terms of Service of all supported marketplaces.
Furthermore, Crosslist will never ask you for any of your marketplace login information.
We believe that Crosslist differs from the competition in the following ways:
- Full support. Unlike some competitors, we support every field of each marketplace. This includes fields like category, size and brand.
- Quick importing. Crosslist allows you to import listings one-by-one or in bulk. Bulk import lets you import up to 10 listings at once in just a few seconds!
- Dynamic fields. We only show the fields that are relevant to the marketplaces you’re interested in. For example, if you are only interested in selling on Poshmark and Depop, we will not show fields that exist exclusively on Mercari. This helps you save time filling in unnecessary fields.
- Mobile support. Our application allows users to take pictures from their phones and immediately upload them to Crosslist. This saves time copying images from your phone to your computer. Once you’re done taking your pictures, you can then use our web application to post your listings to your desired marketplaces.
- Enhanced images. Crosslist allows you to enhance your images using our built-in image editing tool. This way, you can add filters or captions to your pictures or hide your face if you’re posing with your apparel.
- Beautiful design. We believe our application stands out from the competition in terms of design, accessibility and speed.
We currently support bulk listing to the following marketplaces:
Listings can be imported from the following marketplaces:
So this means that we currently do not support importing from Ebay and Facebook.
However, every day we are working hard to extend functionalities and add more marketplaces.
For preparing and saving your listings:
All browsers are supported, including mobile browsers.
For posting your listings:
Posting your listings requires our browser extension. Therefore, we only support Google Chrome on Microsoft Windows or OS X.
Yes, but only for certain functionalities.
Creating listings and managing your inventory can be done from any device. You can even take pictures of your products directly using your phone’s integrated camera.
Posting and importing listings requires you to use a computer with Google Chrome and our extension installed. This means that cannot post or import listings using your mobile phone. This is currently not possible because mobile browsers do not allow extensions.
In order for Crosslist to work optimally, we require that you have a functional and stable internet connection.
While our application has been thoroughly tested using the FCC Broadband Standard of 25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload, customers have reported that Crosslist works just as well under slower speeds. Overall, we would recommend to make sure that you have at least 5 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload in order for Crosslist to function correctly.
You can test the speed of your internet here.
With regards to computer hardware, any modern computer with the latest version of Google Chrome installed should be sufficient.
Note that you can always use our free trial to test Crosslist’s performance in your specific situation.
Crosslist strives to offer plans with competitive pricing that suit different needs.
Please refer to our Pricing for a detailed breakdown.
Currently, we only accept credit cards from the major providers. All of our payments are handled by our payment partner, Stripe.
No, currently our product is only available to customers residing in the United States.